3:10 pm

Potential is everywhere at #ICEgaming!

Our #ICEgaming pollsters have been busy this morning asking attendees their views of where they see the most untapped potential for sports betting.

And the outcomes are intriguing: There’s no one standout area of growth, but our girls on the ground found enthusiasm for growth and innovation was spread far and wide.

ICE Chart Q4

While virtual sports just edged in front in the poll, the enthusiasm for  in play data, video, fantasy sports and peer-to-peer gaming was striking.  It’s fair to say sports betting has a bright future of innovation ahead of it.

Have we missed anything? engage in the debate with us on twitter (@nowcommssport) or comment below – we’d love to hear your views.

2:22 pm

Mobile web is firm favourite for this years #ICEgaming audience

Mobile web is the runaway favourite for #ICEgaming visitors keen to leverage potential via new emerging platforms this year.

When asked which platforms #ICEgaming visitors expected to offer most potential over the next 12 months, mobile web received more votes than the second and third favourites combined (dedicated mobile apps and social platforms).

The stats are backed up by our own conversations with exhibitors at the show: The ability to offer punters the opportunity to bet whenever and wherever they want is key to attracting and engaging customers.

Unsurprisingly perhaps, less than 4% of #ICEgaming visitors questioned en route to London’s ExCel today categorised  High Street betting shops as high potential areas for new review in 2015.

image (1)

 

What are your thoughts?  are Bricks n Mortar bookmakers being harshly judged? or is the draw of the multi-platform punter too good to resist?

Follow us and tweet us on Twitter – @nowcommssport to have your say and get insights from our pollsters as they happen.

12:15 pm

Overcoming regulation & compliance hurdles is #1 priority for #ICEgaming visitors today

Effectively overcoming the sports betting industry’s regulation & compliance issues is the number one challenge for sports gaming focused visitors attending the ICE Totally Gaming show this morning.

With new regulation and tax changes expected in the UK and overseas markets adding confusion, complexity and threatening the bottom line for many players in the market, we don’t expect any change any time soon.

Together with “Integrity of systems and data” and “card fraud” these key areas are the three most talked about challenges that the industry needs to face according to the the sports and gaming industry experts en route to the ICE Totally Gaming show today.

Between now and the end of ICE Totally Gaming this Thursday, the nowcomms’ fast50 team is asking gaming and sports betting experts from all over the world to consider the key issues most likely to influence affect the industry in 2015.

The programme kicked-off this morning with the question: “What do you feel the single biggest challenge is for the sports betting industry in 2015?”

Here’s the full story in one simple graphic.

Q1 Chart

 

More insights to follow in the next few hours!

5:30 pm

Technology is a major enabler for most L&D professionals

 

Attendees at the Learning and Technology Show could be forgiven if they were overwhelmed by the vast range of new technology products they’re presented with this week, but the good news for exhibitors is that the vast majority of delegates we polled see technology in a positive light.

Close to 80% of those we spoke to this morning told us they saw technology as an enabler of workplace learning, rather than an obstacle to it. The next challenge for the sector is winning over the remaining 20% still struggling to adopt.

Lumesse Chart 3

For more insights into Technology adoption and other major trends affecting HR and L&D professionals, complete the Lumesse Global HR Trends Survey and get your free copy of the final reports

Want more:

Lumesse Learning’s blog will be exploring this question and more in the next few weeks.